January 2, 2017

Preparation for the Cold

Took my boys to play in the snow for the first time this year.

We went one week ago on Christmas Day and it was good...

Until the cold set in.
DS#2 didn't want to go back into the cold after he had his fun.

I vowed to be better prepared this new year.
Bought rubber boots for all of us and 2 sets of gloves for the boys.
Even brought along a cardboard box to slide down the hill.

So...The result was the same... 
Crying
WHY???
We had done everything correct to prepare for this new trip.

Upon further investigation, DS#2 did not put on 2 pairs of pants nor 2 sets of long socks as I asked.
The gloves were not thick enough to keep out the cold and snow.

So, after playing in the snow along with about 100 other people, sliding down a small hill, making a snow bridge across a small creek, the cold set in and tears flowed.

What do I need to do for the next time we play in the snow?
Make sure the boys are properly ready and the equipment is appropriate for the occasion before it happens.

I see a connection to making proper plans in another area of my life.

If teachers are to be better in the classroom and I am responsible for my part, I need to figure out that part and make sure teachers have the things they need to move forward with their goals.

A plan is needed for the cold and the new.

#MOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment