December 31, 2018

My 2019 #OneWord: BE

BE

Why “BE“?

I’ve seen so many words that could describe how I want my life to go:
Relentless
Peace
Joy
Intentional
Authentic
Focus
Healthy

All great words, but don’t trigger that, YES! button for me.

I thought about a bit more about how to become one with these words and realized each can have a common denominator:

The word “BE” preceding it…
Be Relentless
Be Peaceful
Be Joyful
Be Intentional
Be Authentic
Be Focused
Be Healthy

Warning! A grammar lesson on the word”BE”

You need eight words when conjugating the verb to be:

Form To Be
Infinitive 1. be
Present Tense 2. am 3. is 4. are
Past Tense 5. was 6. were
Past Participle 7. been
Present Participle 8. being

This word contains so much more than I thought.
I was going to drop it, but after reading more I decided that this is my 2019 #OneWord.

It sounds a bit pretentious, but I’m at the point in my life where I’m not taking stock in what many people think of me. I have spent so much time in fear of others and their attitudes and opinions of me that I have been frozen in my tracks as to what to do to keep that static image alive.
NO MORE. I’m going to BE – definition #1 – to exist or live as I know what is best for me.

I have also decided to make things happen and not talk about them as a dream. I have a list of adventures… Never mind, you’ll see some of them in 2019. (definition #2 – to take place, happen, occur).

I’ve also decided to occupy my space. I have been given a place to be and to dream about being somewhere else is not being honest with myself or those who I’m with. (definition #3 – to occupy a place or position)

With that said, there are things in my life that I have to let them be and continue as before (definition #4). I have grown to love a small group of my #PLN and they will continue to be in my life as well as my new church family. I have to keep those relationships alive as they have PUSHed me to be better and to reflect on my life and its journey.

Which leads me to definition #5 – to belong. I have long rejected the idea of actually belonging to a group of people who truly love me for who I am. I have made excuses for not letting myself attach to them. I’m sure FEAR is one of the major factors. However, NO MORE. I see more of my worth where I am and I will allow myself to belong to those in my sphere of friends and family.

Beginning in 2013, I have loved making sure others receive the support they need from those in my #PLN. Some say that I am a Connector. Well… definition #6 – forms of “BE” are “used as a copula to connect subjects and their predicate adjective or predicate nominative to describe, identify, or amplify the subject.” The times of connecting 2 people together to amplify whatever objective, give me immense joy and satisfaction.

Not sure how definition #7 will come into play in 2019, but I’m sure someone will help me see it. Forms of BE can be “used as a copula to introduce or form interrogative or imperative sentences.” Ex – Is that right? Please be quiet! Don’t be a jerk.

As I reflect on 2018, I certainly was #PUSH (ed) out of my comfort zone, my city, my job, and my own place. However I have landed in a place where I know I can truly BEcome who I’m supposed to BE.

If you think I’m going to sit back and just exist…

Sources: https://www.grammar.com/Conjugating-the-Verb-To-Be
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/be



from WordPress http://bit.ly/2StkPE9

No comments:

Post a Comment