February 15, 2019

February 15, 2019

Take time to connect.

Today was a pretty straight forward day. Wake up, dress, eat, go to work, work, and come home.

When I got home, I heard Mandy say on Voxer she was driving home and was going to blast her music so she wouldn’t fall asleep. Great idea, I thought, but…

I called her.

Yes, the old-fashioned way people use to communicate before Social Media and new fangled voice systems.

I hadn’t really got to talk to her in a long while, so I called her and received a bucketful of joy. Only because we had the opportunity to pause and connect.

There are times when people need that connection. To have that extra word, real face time, and comfort knowing someone is willing to spend time on you.

I believe that is why I enjoy smaller crowds in the midst of large ones. If you ever have the opportunity to see pictures of my friends, notice the majority of the groups are less than 7. Why? I’m not sure but 4-5 fit well in a car or SUV so we can sing and laugh and talk.

I’m making a point to ensure those connections happen more.

February 15, 2019.png



from WordPress http://bit.ly/2NazEcP

No comments:

Post a Comment