June 24, 2009

Hiding the.. It isn't there!

Well, for those of you who have a blogger blog know exactly what I'm talking about when I mention it.
The Navigation Bar at the top of the majority of blogs.
What good is it? Why is it there? Why does it need to be there?
Some say, it is there because it helps people browse blogs and find ideas, interesting tidbits, new people and blogs to follow. I say...(Self Edit) hmmmm... it is rubbish!
I don't need it there because I don't want you to go away to a RANDOM blog and get off track of what you are supposed to be doing. How nice of me? Well, thank you. I do what I reasonably can to help all my friends and family.
So some of you are wondering, "How did he get rid of that bar?" (Those of you who are not, may skip to the end.)
After I initially created the blog I wondered how to get rid of it. I knew I wanted my elementary students to use this as a resource... I'm wandering again...Here is the awesome site that I used to edit the code of the Blogger Widget Template I have. Hiding Top Navigation Bar in Blogger(Blogspot). It says it is written by a 15 year old Technoholic. Would not be surprised. I read through the section "Hiding ‘navigation bar’ in Blogger Widget template: and found the right spot to put the code. Then the 15-minute search began. Let me cut to the chase. The spot I needed to put the new code was near the end. I entered the code and BLAMMO! (too cartoonish?)
(END)

I have my new and improved blog template. Neat with no distractions other than what I give you!
Now off... wait... the boy needs tending to. Too bad I can't go into his code and take out the whining and fussy tags...

Indiscernible mumbling.

Oh! You're still reading! Ummm...Enjoy the new look and try tweaking your blog code, if you so desire. As always, let me know how I can help.

Now, where is that noise coming from....

No comments:

Post a Comment