September 6, 2009

Collaboration. On Track.

For those of you who are keeping up, I wanted to let you know that on Sept 8th and 9th, I will be introducing my students to the Canadians! Let me be more precise. I'm introducing them to Albertans and Ontarions.
Tuesday, we have a session with @zbpipe and her grade 6 students in Hamilton, ON, CA. Simple introductions for about 20 minutes to keep it fresh. We might even talk about "The Speech". queue dramatic music.

On Wednesday, we will be talking to @jdeyenberg's grade 5 students in Lethbridge, AB, CA. Again short introductions alternating back and forth across the northern border. Once again, no more than 20 minutes long. We want them to keep wanting more and not getting tired of the experience.

We will have so much fun this week, but it will only be the beginning of great things to come.
Keep checking back and I will keep you up to date on the happenings.

BTW, if you would like a simple format to use to help get things going between yours and another class, you can use this.
Please give @zbpipe kudos for creating this and sharing it.

I talked to both Zoe and Jen on Skype tonight. I think Skype is the best thing created since the Internet. So much can be done with it in education. I hope to have 2 sessions going at the same time to facilitate small group work. If anyone know how this works or has done it themselves, drop me a line.

So, anyone up for the challenge. I know @zbpipe and @jdeyenberg are! What about you?
If you like to collaborate, present, and/or share with us, drop me a comment and I'll be glad to set up times and dates to network with you this school year.

What are you waiting for?

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to meet your class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:08 AM

    I have 3rd-5th graders for technology for 45 minutes a day. The 5th graders are 8-8:45, 4th from 10:30-11:15 and 3rd from 2:45 - 3:30 all central standard time. We just got 25 new macbooks, and we have skype! I have set up a class twitter account: technecks. I would like to get other classroom twitter accounts and run a twitter feed during the day so students can post what we are doing and we can hear from other classes. My classroom twitter is protected. I will only follow other intermediate classrooms.
    Nina Peery
    peeryn@woisd.net
    computertime.wonecks.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from British Columbia, Canada. If you want to Skype all the way to the Western side of the country, we would love to connect.
    Thanks!
    @library_goddess

    ReplyDelete