February 6, 2019

February 6, 2019

Gratitude – The quality of being grateful and thankful for the positive and negative events in life.

My friend, Jarod expressed gratitude today. He wasn’t sure he had said it before, but I can assure you he has. It made me feel so good that I have to do the same for the FETC peeps I got to see in Orlando.

But first…
Going to FETC was different for me this year. I first went to attend a special meeting. The second year, saw me present about the use of 3D printers in the classroom. Last year found me there just chilling out. This year saw me as a vendor in the Expo Hall. Just in case you don’t know, I love working for ClassLink. I have learned so much about myself while there that I must wait to tell you more. In fact, I have been sharing some of them.

Back to my point.
I went as a vendor and was there to help promote the use of ClassLink to teachers and administrators. I loved being in the booth, connecting with current clients, listening to their success stories, helping others do some troubleshooting on issues, and taking time to answer questions of skeptical potential clients. It showed me that having a duchenne smile and kind word goes a long way, even if they are just walking by.

Some mentioned I had turned to “the dark side”. I don’t see it as that. I see it as another way to support schools giving easier access to instructional tools for teachers and students. That didn’t stop my friends coming by the booth or me from stepping out of the booth to say HI!!! and give huge hugs. I hadn’t seen any for a year when for the last 5 years many of us saw each other twice a year. It felt so good. There were many more whom I didn’t see, but that is okay this time.

With that said, here are the pictures I promised…
Evan, Tisha, Rachelle, Mandy, Noah, Jennifer, Amanda, Lily, Claudio, Mitch, Fran, Michelle, Nikitasha, Roxanne, Eric, Jaime, Cassie, Leslie, Jeremy, Cathy, Steve, Sean, Matt, Dene, Naomi, Gabriel, Kitty, Wanda, Jerry, and Kristin.

Bold-First time meeting face to face
Underlined-spent more than ten minutes with them. (I wasn’t working!) Those times fed my soul and I’m sure it fed them as well.



from WordPress http://bit.ly/2Gf6oB9

No comments:

Post a Comment