February 8, 2019

February 8, 2019

“You have a large JUSTICE button!”

I am working through some emotional trials and have been for over 5 years. You see, I’m divorced. I hate that word and the stigma it brings. However that is my lot and I now accept it, the consequences, and difficulties it brings. I didn’t think that when it was beginning to happen.

Let me step back…

I grew up in a mostly single parent home. Mostly because my mom did the raising of us while she was married. I had chores and certain ones were my responsibility. If I didn’t do them, there was no one else to blame but me. Soon I developed the sense of this is my job and that is your job. As I got older, I learned that others would try to pass their work onto me. I would accept it because it made my life easier to do it and I could get it done faster than them.
Bad mistake.
Soon I would had too much work and I would promptly complain to my boss who gave the jobs back to the original people. They were none too kind to me after that. I was introduced to a valuable lesson, “There will be those who are difficult to work with and will get you to do their job. Don’t fall into their traps.”

I didn’t learn.

Which leads me to my point. I work hard and believe each person will also work hard since they have that job. (NOT TRUE)
I believe that I must work hard for what I want and need to invest time, sweat, and elbow grease. This belief is held by everyone else. (NOT TRUE)
I will collaborate at a high level and provide many ideas and suggestions to move forward in the tasks at hand. Others will do the same. (NOT TRUE)

I have to take responsibility for myself, my actions, words, and beliefs. No one else has control of me unless I give them the power over me. I can’t give them that power by looking at their faults, their lack of action, their perceived lack of work ethic and criticize. If I’m judging them, then I don’t know them.

I’m choosing to take control of my life and what I can do to make my sphere of influence a better place. I’m choosing to not let others control me and my actions by their attitudes and words.

February 8, 2019.png



from WordPress http://bit.ly/2WNFh58

No comments:

Post a Comment