July 8, 2019

ISTE 2019

I missed ISTE 2018 because I started a brand new job at ClassLink. Even though they send team members to ISTE, I wasn’t ready for any client face time. So, I stayed home and had a bit of FOMO. Soon though, I realized that I really didn’t care enough to follow all the events on social media. It was so much going on that I couldn’t keep up. Even though I had attended the last 5 events and had some idea of what was going on, I didn’t engage.  This year was different. I had plenty of experience under my belt and could participate as a team member.

Since ISTE ended, I’ve been toying with ideas of how to share my time there. I saw Kristen Nan‘s post about being bold and being you. She even has a video she made about it. Check it out.

I was going to make a trailer, but I did that for FETC 2017.

I could do a post about my experiences, but I’ve done that before.

So, I’ll be really simple this time.

I had fun, but not the crazy kind where I did things I regret.
I had the type of fun the comes from being with people I was comfortable around.
I sang, I danced, I shared food, and deep conversations about life.
I enjoyed walks late at night to make sure friends got back to their hotels and to see what downtown Philly has to offer.
I took plenty of pictures to remember the occasion, but I’m realizing that I can’t capture all the memories, sounds, and other physical experiences. I have to live in the moment when it happens.

That is my takeaway from ISTE 2019.

IMG_20190624_201136670_HDR-EFFECTS



from WordPress https://ift.tt/2XumLmm

No comments:

Post a Comment