July 7, 2019

Ulterior

Have you ever had a person call, text, or contact you in someway to talk and ultimately the conversation turns to them? I can’t count the number of times this has happened to me.

I was talking to Olesya* today about ulterior motives. She was checking in on me as a friend. I didn’t assume benign intent. This was because of my previous thousands of conversations with others who just wanted someone to talk to about themselves.

Olesya and I can be candid with each other and so I asked her the real intent of her contacting me. I was in for a shock.

“Was just concerned about you.”

Really?

“People can care without having an ulterior motive.”

Seriously?! You’re kidding right? I don’t know the last time a friend just checked on me because they cared.

“Have a little faith…”

I was touched deeply enough to say this…

Check on that friend who is on your mind. The reason they are is that they need a kind and encouraging word from YOU. Don’t do it to assuage your guilty conscience. Do it because they need it. Actually, you both do.

*Name changed to protect the awesome

Kind Word

 



from WordPress https://ift.tt/2RZJdOh

No comments:

Post a Comment