January 2, 2020

#OneWord 2020

I’ve been doing this for a few years, but this year is different.

I thought about many words but none of them seemed worthy until …

I was talking to a really good friend, Keith in AZ and we were catching up on life and reminiscing on what was as colleagues. He mentioned how it was important to him to be free of any guilt and negative emotions. Those who have/had issues with him over the past year he wanted to talk to and reconcile with them.

That set me off thinking and boom!

CLEAR

My #oneword for 2020.

Why “CLEAR”?

It is something I need to be and do more often.
Why should I when I have been hurt by the very things I hold dear dand share with the wrong people or through my Adverse Childhood Experiences?

Yet, I make the decisions where my life goes and how I react to it.
Clear expectations
Clear emotions
Clear values
Clear words
Clear communiques
Clear relationships
Clear progress forward

After taking the time to “BE“, I realized there are so many items in my life that need to be obvious others. Not that I have to give reasons for everything I do or say (That is a HUGE statement from me), but that there should be some logical assumptions one could make if they really care but don’t ask me.

I have a new relationship and it is blowing my mind. Being clear with her has opened my eyes to all the times, I wasn’t nor did I actually want to because of past trauma and emotional hurt. However that is never an excuse for moving forward while looking back.

With that said, I am going to continue to “BE” myself and learning more about what I can do to build better relationships through CLEAR actions.

A bit opaque?
Yep, because I have 363 days to clean the windows through which I see the world.

CLEAR.png



from WordPress https://ift.tt/2SNlTps

No comments:

Post a Comment