July 16, 2009

Greasemonkey Rules, so far

Have you ever used Greasemonkey before?
I haven't. Now, I'm sure that those of you who have are probably wondering about me and why I haven't before now. Well, actually I have TRIED it before. I wasn't in the frame of mind to keep at it.
Today, is the exception. Earlier in the week, I read an article that talked about using Greasemonkey and I wondered if I could get back into it. I had a reason today. I have a friend flying in from Atlanta. I use a flight tracker that is static and I didn't want to keep pressing F5 to refresh it. I thought there must be a script that does this for me.
Sure enough. There is! YES!
Enter Auto-Reload for Greasemonkey. It refreshes the webpage at your convenience. I had to figure out that I had to use the Greasemonkey menu to edit the settings, then I was on my way.

Granted, I must give @cogdog his props. 24 hours before this post, he posted this on his blog. Google likes to direct traffic to itself there getting more... whatever it gets from the increased traffic. I used the Greasemonkey script, Obviously Scrub Google Redirect Links, that @cogdog suggested and it works wonders.
If I ever have a webpage issue that could possibly be resolved, I will search for a Greasemonkey script.
Ifyou have a favorite Greasemonkey script, tell me about it in the comments.

Now, if I could just find a decent repository of these...

No comments:

Post a Comment